Ross Welland to speak at Trust and Tax Evasion Academy Finance event
Bright Grahame Murray is delighted to announce that Tax Partner, Ross Welland, will be speaking at Trust and Tax Evasion Academy Finance event.
The event features a panel of experts that will address, from a UK perspective, the current tax status of trusts, onshore and offshore, and possible future developments. The event will take place on Tuesday 4 June 2019 in Zurich, and again in Geneva on the 5th.
Ross’ sessions, ‘Recent developments in UK Taxation of Trusts and Trust Distributions’ and ‘Regulatory treatment of trusts’ complement the other fascinating talks throughout the day. Focusing on the following topics, Ross hopes to uncover the recent evolution of trusts’ tax treatment:
- UK income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax regimes for UK resident and non-UK resident trusts – the contrasting regimes
- Where are we now post Finance Act 2018 for offshore trusts and foreign domiciliaries
- The world post Finance (No.2) Act 2017 and Financial Act 2018
- Common problems for trustees – what trustees need to watch
- Receiving benefits from trusts – distributions, loans – what beneficiaries need to watch
- Problems for non-residents on gifts to UK residents – or are there issues?
- Likely future developments in UK taxation of trusts – the current consultation
- What are most foreign doms doing?
For more information, please contact us.
About Bright Grahame Murray
Bright Grahame Murray is a medium-sized firm of Chartered Accountants based in Kensington, London, SW7. Founded in 1934, the firm provides a wide range of services to a diverse and sophisticated client base. Clients range from start-ups to established multinational public companies and from charities to commodity dealers. Bright Grahame Murray also acts for many non-corporate clients including, high profile entertainers, high-net-worth individuals, partnerships, limited liability partnerships, pension schemes, trusts and proprietors of small businesses. Bright Grahame Murray's clients benefit from a strong Partner led approach. The firm provides all clients with a Client Service Partner, who co-ordinates all the services on offer, ensuring that they make the most of the opportunities available to them.